These values guide our vision and our work:
- Respect: As human beings, we all deserve respect even when we disagree. We focus on increasing awareness, and changing behaviours, rather than blaming or shaming.
- Empowerment: We build capacity of organizations and people to bring about the change they want to see.
- Authenticity: We are upfront in our feedback, interactions and guidance.
- Depth and sustainability: We believe that equality and inclusion is not a checklist, but the right thing to do. We support you to move from compliance to action.
- Compassion: We all fear change. Changing attitudes and behaviours is a long term process. Compassion is not rationalizing, excusing or minimizing harmful behaviour. For ALG, compassion requires clear limits and accountability.
- Integrity: We are accountable for our actions and do what we say we will do.
We start from where you are, while pushing critical reflection and growth to bring about positive change. Our workshops are accompanied by coaching and policy support to help you implement sustainably.