ALG’s vision is safer, more inclusive and caring workplaces, organizations and relations where all women, and everyone, can thrive.
The values that guide our vision include:
- Respect: As human beings, we all deserve respect even when we disagree. We focus on increasing awareness, and changing behaviours, rather than toxic blame and shame.
- Empowerment: We build capacity of organizations and people to bring about the change they want to see.
- Authenticity: We are upfront in our feedback, interactions and guidance. The personal is political and personal!
- Depth and sustainability: We believe that equity and inclusion is not a checklist, but the right thing to do. Changing attitudes, behaviours and systems is a long term process, not an event.
- Compassion: We make space for the complexity of human emotions, including fear of change, that arises in this work. Compassion is not rationalizing, excusing or minimizing harmful behaviour and also requires accountability.
- Integrity: We align our words with our actions.
We will start from where you are, while pushing critical reflection and growth to bring about positive change.